January 25, 2009
What do you know?
An event for UK and Dutch Practitioners
Research – practice – policy dialogue workshop
Manchester, UK, March 5th, 2009
On March 5th CHANGING BEHAVIOUR comes to Manchester, UK for an event hosted by Manchester: Knowledge Capital and the Centre for Sustainable Urban and Regional Futures.
CHANGING BEHAVIOUR needs your knowledge on this subject to test our early findings and to help improve guidance for colleagues throughout the European Union.
Join UK and Dutch colleagues for a fun and interactive day at the Bridgewater Hall, to be followed by a conference dinner.
What will the event be about?
The workshop programme includes:
- brief presentations on the CHANGING BEHAVIOUR project and up-to-date research findings
- group work sessions to reflect upon the findings of the project and to explore and share success stories and remaining challenges
- interactive challenging debate involving experts
Who will be there?
The workshop engages energy efficiency practitioners, policy makers and intermediary organisations working in the field of energy from UK and the Netherlands together with wider EU colleagues from the CHANGING BEHAVIOUR project. We expect a total of 35-40 participants.
How can participants benefit from the event?
- acquire up-to-date, applicable knowledge on how to reduce energy consumption
- new skills for interacting with target groups
- new ideas for innovative programmes
- strengthen links and co-operation with UK and Dutch colleagues
Registration: Please fill out and send in the registration form on this site. The workshop is free of charge, including lunch and refreshments and a Conference Dinner. The registration deadline is February 19, 2009. Travel costs for eligible participants will be covered by the CHANGING BEHAVIOUR project, so please register and apply for the travel grant as early as possible!
Venue: The Bridgewater hall is an architecturally-stunning building which hosts over 250 performances a year and boasts an award-winning restaurant and café bar. Its waterfront location in the heart of Manchester city makes it an ideal conference and event venue.
Accommodation: A range of accommodation is available in Manchester City Centre all within easy walking distance of the venue. See the Hotel Information link on the right.
Visitor Information: Visit http://www.visitmanchester.com